* Change in NEW membership fees: The fees for new memberships have been changed, the forms have not yet been updated to reflect this. Please go to the About us page for mor information. Membership re-newal rates remain unchanged.
* Initiation / Safety Briefings: These breifings will now be conducted every third Sunday of the month or when indicated in the "Upcoming Events page or in the newsletter starting a 1200 noon.
* Sporting Clay enthusiasts: Due to the increased popularity of sporting clays we will be holding more of these events in addition to regularly scheduled competitions, (and may not appear on the published schedule). They will be held on the second Sunday of each month,(start times are at 1000, but we ask members to arrive early to help with set up). Cost is $8 for 50 targets, ammunition is also available in limited supplies at cost.
* Peter Eliot wil be holding a holster course on Sunday 22 December 2013 at 1000. Please e-mail Peter if you wish to attend at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* I am in the process of updating things on the web and the new info regarding the New Executive, Directors and upcoming events may be found in the newsletter at thi link below until then. Sorry about the delay.
*Please check the Upcoming Events page before coming out to a shoot so you're not disapointed.
*Due to popular demand, we added a page with a past history of club shoots with their courses of fire along with results where available. Its still a work in progress.
Welcome to our site. We are located approximately 1.2 hours North East of the Halifax-Dartmouth area. Our facilities are well suited to many disciplines of recreational shooting. We are a non profit club with about 250 members, including families. We rely on member participation in order to provide the best environment for safe and fun shooting at a reasonable cost.
This is an outdoor range with 3 sheltered firing positions for distances from 20 to 200 yards. We have outdoor firing positions that allow up to 300 yards. We have several other outdoor ranges for combat pistol, moving, turning, and pop-up targets. There is also a fire and movement through the woods course, and we are working on another. There are several shotgun trap and firing positions as well. There is usually a club shoot every 2nd Sunday through the summer and every 3rd in winter. These are friendly competitions and there may be a nominal fee to cover costs for clays and prizes. 12 and 20 gauge ammo is available at cost and club firearms are usually also available for certain shoots, or you can always borrow one. For specialty shoots like muzzle loader, firearms and ammo will be available since they are quite specialized.
The range is open to all active members and their guests during daylight hours. Club shoots do take precedence over members wanting to do their own thing though. We do require a $2 insurance charge for non-members which goes into the "honesty box". This is provided through the NFA Liability Insurance Program, (AllSport Insurance Marketing Ltd.). Youths under 18, guests, and non members do have to be supervised by an active member at all times.
Training is available for all disciplines of shooting by way of our memberships' extensive and varied experience. Certification courses for licensing are available through the club and and instruction is provided by our government approved instructors at a reasonable cost.
We have embarked an some ambitious upgrades recently which include a combat pistol range by the clay tower, adding a new bi-directional range between the 30 yard and 100 yard berm. As well, the 25yard .22 pistol range has been upgraded for use for .22 rimfire rifle and centrefire pistol. We hope to soon have approval to use all ranges simultaneously.
As I mentioned before, we rely on the membership to help maintain and upgrade the facilities and have work parties on occasion. In addition to elbow grease and goon spoons, many members also donate the use of equipment such as chainsaws, generators, power tools, logsplitters, back hoes, and even transport trucks and excavators. We owe a great deal of gratitude. This is your club and lets keep it the best in Nova Scotia.
We regret we have some problems with the photo album regarding enlarging the pictures, we occasionally have a glitch in the server's system and we have been trying to fix it, please bear with us.
Membership forms *Please note, the forms have been updated and can be downloaded and completed your computer. Please ensure all information is entered including current address and phone number, (renewing members need not complete firearms history). On the "Google Docs" page, go to the File drop down menu then select "download", you can then either select "save" or "open", then fill out the form, (your data cannot be saved on your computer).